Resources for PCCs and Churches
“Despite stewardship being an important part of our discipleship, it is an area we often find uncomfortable to address in church, especially money, wealth and possessions. We only need to look at our Bibles to know that we should embrace this area of our faith and strive for improvement.
The sheer number of Bible references (2350 to be precise) to money, wealth and possessions tell us this is of importance to God. As a result we should be striving to help those who attend our churches grow and develop a generous faith. Talking about money is perfectly acceptable in our churches.
Stewardship is about faith development and growing disciples, it is about being open to God’s Will in our parishes and enabling great things within our parishes and across our Diocese.
There are manageable steps to be taken by churches and plenty of resources available to enable this progressions to occur in all parishes. The aim is to enable giving, generosity and money to be talked about openly and effectively in our parishes and for stewardship to be a routine part of parish life.”
Victoria James, Stewardship Advisor, Portsmouth Diocese.
There are various way of gifting financially :
* Directly by plate collections at our services.
* Directly by Direct Debit from your personal bank account.
* By using Gift Aid envelopes (available in church or from our administrator.)
* By using the Parish Giving Scheme.
Parish Giving Scheme (The Christ Church PGS Code is 290629182)
In this parish we have adopted the Parish Giving Scheme, it has benefits both for the Parish and for those giving:
For the Church:
- Stable and often increased planned giving
- Efficient reclaim of Gift Aid
- Protection against inflation by donors choosing to increase their giving annually in line with inflation
- Reduced administration and paper work
- Reduced number of volunteer hours needed
For the Donor:
- Being in total control over how much they give
- A simple giving method which provides regular financial support to their church
- Option to inflation proof their giving
- Protection provided by the Direct Debit Guarantee
- Ability to remain anonymous if they wish
Applying For The Parish Giving Scheme
If applying to join the scheme via the telephone or the website you will require:
- Personal Bank Account details.
- The name of the Parish. (Christ Church, Totland Bay)
- Confirm if the gift is to increase in line with inflation.
- Confirm if you are eligible for gift aid.
- The PGS code for Christ Church, Totland Bay. (The PGS Code for Christ Church is 290629182.)
The helpful PGS staff will guide you through the application process that takes about 15 minutes.