Christ Church, Totland Bay – Open For Worship and Community
All are welcome to join us for Sunday and mid-week worship but the church building is also available for visitors during the week who would like somewhere really peaceful to pray, or perhaps rest on their journey to Alum Bay.
Many people visit the church to seek the location of family graves or perhaps visit the churchyard to sit in the tranquility of its natural beauty. A printed copy of those buried within the churchyard is available at the back of the church for viewing.
You can also view the Christ Church Burial database. For more information on burials click here. http://www.wavedata.net/totland/
See also The Story of Christ Church.
Future Plans for Reordering the Church Building 2016 and Beyond
- A place of Beauty, welcome and worship.
- Valuing the past, relating to the present and opening to the future.
- Opening the church more fully to those with mobility difficulties by the provision of appropriate handrails, balustrades, slopes, etc.
- Open the church more fully to worship and community events by replacing the pews with chairs and levelling the floor as necessary.
- Opening the church annexe more fully to the church family and local community by creating a covered link with the church and by possible extensions.
Church Building : Present
Church Building: Future Proposed Reordering.
Proposed changes to the church interior have not been approved and are under consideration by the DAC.
Memorial aspects of the Reordering proposals
- In memory of the late F G Ralph, Vicar of Christ Church, Totland Bay (1960 – 74) and his wife Dorothy.
- New Stained -glass window in south wall of sanctuary.
- New cloistered memorial garden, south-east of sanctuary.
- Previous vicars commemorated by photographs and name board in the vestry.